Wednesday, November 2

Fix to a Chilly Day

Is it getting cold where you live? Cause it really is in Idaho, and I know it is in Utah. (Randi sounded pleasant when she informed me haha). So heres what you need to warm up.
So one of my favorite things around the holidays is wassail. We usually have it around Christmas time but a few weeks ago and I could resist and had to make a big batch to share. The recipe I used is called Orange Wassail, and it.was.awesome.


So to make yours (which is super duper easy and so incredibly yummy) just follow this recipe:
2 quarts Orange Juice
2 quarts apple juice
1 quarts cranberry juice cocktail
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
1 stick cinnamon
1 tablespoon whole cloves
2 oranges, sliced

First off, combine the first five ingredients in a large kettle and set it aside
Then insert all of your cloves into the orange slices and add those bad boys to the juice mixture.

Heres how I did mine.

They easily just stab in there and then dump all of them into your juice pot.
It will smell amazing trust me.


Cook those juices over medium-high heat until thoroughly heated
and then serve it in some fun hot mugs.

It turned out sooooo yummy! I just left the orange slices in as it was served. It makes it look fancy haha and will continue to release juices and citrus the longer theyre in. Super yummy! We usually have this around Christmas, but as the weather is getting colder and colder its nice to warm you up on a cold day. I think making mine took around an hour. Just depends on how much juice you decide to make and how long it takes to heat up.

Go give it a try and share with all your neighbors. Theyll love you forever.

1 comment: